Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just a brief introduction

Being dragged along with a friend of mine to the very first Reboot Alberta did more than just remind me that there are Albertans who actually do care about the political future of this province, but also made me realize I need to shake off the cobwebs and take my passion and opinions (and I do have quite a few) out of wine-infused conversations, and ranty emails and into the public sphere. Because approaching politics the way I did is likely the exact reason why Alberta is seen as such a politically apathetic province.

So this is my "nice to meet you".

Leading up to Reboot 2.0 in Kananaskis, I will be writing a series of posts on what I took from the first RB. They will range from introspective jaunts through my head, like: "Why are young people the equivalent of unicorns in the political scene", to "Why Social Media cannot be ignored", and maybe even the practicalites of instituting online voting.

After that, I'm expecting 2.0 will only feed the firestorm. Everyone needs a catalyst.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the jungle. Always great to hear a new voice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be on my Blog Roll and you will add you to the www.rebootalberta.org blog roll too. Looking forward to reading you and reconnecting at RB2.0 FEB 26-28 in Kananaskis

    Welcome engaged citizenship Chels

    ReplyDelete